Reconstructed image missing pixels (7 to be precise)

Bayesian analysis of blinking and bleaching

Reconstructed image missing pixels (7 to be precise)

Postby preynolds » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi All

I am running 3B on a cluster, getting nice reconstructions of focal adhesions.

However, I need to be able to overlay my reconstructed image onto the original image as accurately as possible. When I compute a 25 by 25 pixel square from an image with a pixel size of 80nm, and reconstruct with a pixel size of 10nm, I expect to get a 200 by 200 pixel image.
Instead, I get an image which is 193 by 193 pixels.

This happens for other input image sizes, and changing the reconstruction pixel size doesn't help.

Any thoughts on what's happening here? Or how to go about overlaying the reconstruction exactly on the original image? I could be as much as 70nm out here and that's a bit too much!

Thanks in advance
Paul
Last edited by preynolds on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
preynolds

Re: Reconstructed image missing pixels (7 to be precise)

Postby edrosten » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:03 pm

preynolds wrote:Hi All
When I compute a 25 by 25 pixel square from an image with a pixel size of 80nm, and reconstruct with a pixel size of 10nm, I expect to get a 200 by 200 pixel image. Instead, I get an image which is 193 by 193 images.

This happens for other input image sizes, and changing the reconstruction pixel size doesn't help.

Any thoughts on what's happening here? Or how to go about overlaying the reconstruction exactly on the original image? I could be as much as 70nm out here and that's a bit too much!

It seems that there were a couple of funny rounding bugs in the reconstruction program which made it trim a few pixels off the output image (generally z-1 where z is the level of zoom).

I believe that I've fixed the bug, and you can download the latest beta release of the plugin here:

http://www.coxphysics.com/3b/3B_releases/development/dist-4d57354ac6c9295f3628a95984e0de694df7b2dc/

Let me know if it all works OK.

Regards

-Ed
edrosten

Re: Reconstructed image missing pixels (7 to be precise)

Postby preynolds » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi Ed

Thanks for the speedy fix - it's now working perfectly!

Cheers,
Paul
preynolds

Return to 3B