ImageJ Plugin Error

Bayesian analysis of blinking and bleaching

ImageJ Plugin Error

Postby Sam_Barnett » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi,

I am receiving an error when trying to run 3B. I managed to go through the set-up but when I try to run it this message appears:

Error loading plugin:
no threeB_ini in java.library.path
can't load library: C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\libthreeB_jni_64.so
C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\libthreeB_jni_32.so: Can't load this .dll (machine code=0x101) on a IA 32-bit platform
Can't load library: C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\threeB_jni.dll

It has been working previously but ImageJ has gone through several rounds of updates since then. I was wondering if you had any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam
Sam_Barnett
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Re: ImageJ Plugin Error

Postby edrosten » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Sam_Barnett wrote:Hi,

I am receiving an error when trying to run 3B. I managed to go through the set-up but when I try to run it this message appears:

Error loading plugin:
no threeB_ini in java.library.path
can't load library: C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\libthreeB_jni_64.so
C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\libthreeB_jni_32.so: Can't load this .dll (machine code=0x101) on a IA 32-bit platform
Can't load library: C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\threeB_jni.dll

It has been working previously but ImageJ has gone through several rounds of updates since then. I was wondering if you had any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam


Hi,

I'm not sure what the error is: I've not seen it before. To help me track it down, can you provide the following information:
* Which version of 3B you are using.
* Is it 32 or 64 bit Windows
* Which version of windows
* Which version of ImageJ

-Ed
edrosten
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: ImageJ Plugin Error

Postby Sam_Barnett » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:24 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I am running the version 1.1 plugin on 64-bit windows 7. ImageJ is 32-bit version 1.49m (running java 1.6.0_24).

There is an additional error dialog that pops up aft the other one in an imageJ style exception:


(Fiji Is Just) ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-23/1.49m; Java 1.6.0_24 [32-bit]; Windows 7 6.1; 23MB of 1550MB (1%)

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no threeB_jni in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1734)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)
at ThreeBRunner.<clinit>(three_B.java:1574)
at three_B.run(three_B.java:287)
at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.processOneImage(PlugInFilterRunner.java:262)
at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.<init>(PlugInFilterRunner.java:111)
at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:204)
at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:166)
at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:131)
at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:64)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Sam_Barnett
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Re: ImageJ Plugin Error

Postby edrosten » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Sam_Barnett wrote:Thanks for the speedy reply!

I am running the version 1.1 plugin on 64-bit windows 7. ImageJ is 32-bit version 1.49m (running java 1.6.0_24).


Looks like the version is too old. Can you try the latest beta version? The link is here:

http://www.coxphysics.com/3b/3B_release ... 479a931ef/

We haven't had a full release which supports 64 bit windows yet. I expect it will be pretty soon and it's not likely to differ from the beta by much, certainly not in the core algorithms. Note, we fixed a bug in the core algorithm after 1.1, so your results might change a bit (the fixed algorithm converges somewhat faster). You can restore the old behaviour if you need (it's slower, but otherwise not worse).

-Ed
edrosten
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: ImageJ Plugin Error

Postby Sam_Barnett » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:59 am

Similar error to before I am afraid! new error:

Error loading plugin:
no threeB_ini in java.library.path
Can't load library: C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\libthreeB_jni_64.so
C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\libthreeB_jni_32.so: Can't load this .dll (machine code=0x101) on a IA 32-bit platform
Can't load library: C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\threeB_jni_32.dll
Can't load library: C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\libthreeB_jni_64.dll

followed by:

(Fiji Is Just) ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-23/1.49m; Java 1.6.0_24 [32-bit]; Windows 7 6.1; 35MB of 1550MB (2%)

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no threeB_jni in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1734)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)
at ThreeBRunner.<clinit>(three_B.java:1613)
at three_B.run(three_B.java:287)
at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.processOneImage(PlugInFilterRunner.java:262)
at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.<init>(PlugInFilterRunner.java:111)
at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:204)
at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:166)
at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:131)
at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:64)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Sam_Barnett
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Re: ImageJ Plugin Error

Postby edrosten » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:56 am

Sam_Barnett wrote:Similar error to before I am afraid! new error:

Error loading plugin:
no threeB_ini in java.library.path
Can't load library: C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\libthreeB_jni_64.so
C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\libthreeB_jni_32.so: Can't load this .dll (machine code=0x101) on a IA 32-bit platform
Can't load library: C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\threeB_jni_32.dll
Can't load library: C:\Users\sam\Documents\fiji-win32\Fiji.app\plugins\libthreeB_jni_64.dll

followed by:

(Fiji Is Just) ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-23/1.49m; Java 1.6.0_24 [32-bit]; Windows 7 6.1; 35MB of 1550MB (2%)

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no threeB_jni in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1734)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)
at ThreeBRunner.<clinit>(three_B.java:1613)
at three_B.run(three_B.java:287)
at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.processOneImage(PlugInFilterRunner.java:262)
at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.<init>(PlugInFilterRunner.java:111)
at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:204)
at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:166)
at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:131)
at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:64)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)



Thanks for the information. I'll try to track down the problem. Can you check that it works on your machine with an older version of ImageJ? That's just to rule out that there's not something configured differently on your machine compared to what I expected (I'm not very used to coding for Windows) which is preventing it from working.


-Ed
edrosten
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: ImageJ Plugin Error

Postby Sam_Barnett » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:02 pm

I tried a couple of different versions available from http://fiji.sc/Downloads

1) The Fiji Continuous release just doesn't work (I tried with a fresh download)
2) Fiji Life-Line version, 2014 November 25 seems to work but the graphics don't appear in the window. the window itself is there but the reconstruction is not
3) Fiji Life-Line version, 2014 June 2 Seems to work fine completely

Thanks,

Sam
Sam_Barnett
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Re: ImageJ Plugin Error

Postby edrosten » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:41 pm

Sam_Barnett wrote:I tried a couple of different versions available from http://fiji.sc/Downloads

1) The Fiji Continuous release just doesn't work (I tried with a fresh download)
2) Fiji Life-Line version, 2014 November 25 seems to work but the graphics don't appear in the window. the window itself is there but the reconstruction is not
3) Fiji Life-Line version, 2014 June 2 Seems to work fine completely

Thanks,

Sam


Thanks for the info. I'll have to add testing againt FIJI to the list. I've only tested it with the mainling ImageJ before.

-Ed
edrosten
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: ImageJ Plugin Error

Postby Sam_Barnett » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi again,

I am having more issues with the plugin. I think it is a seperate problem to the one before but I included it here so as not to clutter the forum.

The plugin starts running fine but somewhere between iterations 40-60 it always seems to cause an application hang in imagej. The program becomes unresponsive and has to be force closed. I have tried this with vanilla ImageJ, and the fiji liveline versions with the same problem, I have deleted and reinstalled ThreeB both the beta link you provided and the one available on the from the threeb webpage. This is the same machine as before and I have no idea what is going on.

In addition I have noticed that threeB is a lot slower when running on vanilla ImageJ when compared to fiji.
Sam_Barnett
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Re: ImageJ Plugin Error

Postby edrosten » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:43 pm

Sam_Barnett wrote:Hi again,

I am having more issues with the plugin. I think it is a seperate problem to the one before but I included it here so as not to clutter the forum.

The plugin starts running fine but somewhere between iterations 40-60 it always seems to cause an application hang in imagej. The program becomes unresponsive and has to be force closed. I have tried this with vanilla ImageJ, and the fiji liveline versions with the same problem, I have deleted and reinstalled ThreeB both the beta link you provided and the one available on the from the threeb webpage. This is the same machine as before and I have no idea what is going on.

In addition I have noticed that threeB is a lot slower when running on vanilla ImageJ when compared to fiji.


OK, I admit I'm a bit baffled: I've not seen any behaviour like this in the past. I'm clutching at straws a little bit, but does it do this on machines other than yours? The only other thing is perhaps there's comething about your data which is triggering bad behaviour. Would you be able to share any with me? Naturally any shared data will be treated in the strictest confidence.

-Ed
edrosten
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm


Return to 3B

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron